Sunday, May 12, 2013

"Rosey", a new antique in our midst

While I'm in the airport... I'm eager to post pics if the most recent treasure at my store. Local lady looking to downsize living space gave us the opportunity to acquire this 6'2" Viennese grand which was made by a F. V. Buchta (Burhta) who was a student of Bösendorfer (Schuler von Bösendorfer). We are just beginning some fun research on antique and Viennese action and other pianos made by students of Bösendorfer.  But here are pics which show what great condition she is in, especially compared to several others we have seen out there. 
I especially love the music rack, which--I like to say-- "crowns" the piano with a royal aire. I am fascinated with particular designs which represent each brand and era of completion. 
We believe the wood to be rosewood, thus she is named: "Rosey". 

2 comments:

  1. I am proud to report this piano has been purchased back by the family from whence it came. As swiftly as she arrived, she left us to be the centerpiece of many a melody in Tampa, FL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PianoLady,
    I have this same piano and always look to find out more about it. Can you share anything else you may know about its origins? thanks, George

    ReplyDelete