Monday, February 24, 2014

Acoustic OR Digital ???

Acoustic or Digital ?? "Traditional" or "Electric" ??
 Let me just say the gap is narrowing by the minute.
 My advice? Ask yourself two questions:

 1) What do I want to play on this piano? 
 2) How long do I want to keep this piano? 

 If you said, "I want to play the piano and feel like I am really playing a large resounding instrument," or "I want to enjoy music on a piano just like when I was younger--on a piano that looks like I used to have"; or "I want to buy a piano that will be a family legacy of music and an investment with just as much value in the future as it has right now"; as in "I want a piano to pass on to my family for a few generations"; or even "I want a piano that is made much better than the piano I played on as a kid."

Well then, you will be most happy with a beautiful acoustic piano. If grand, buy the highest quality build in the longest model you can afford. If only enough space for a vertical, buy the highest quality build in the tallest model you can afford.  I firmly believe, bigger is better in pianos.

Now, what if your thinking more like...
"I move around a lot and want something stable but easier to move myself";
or "I don't like the thought of having to have a piano tuned every time I think it's out or every time I move";
maybe "I want to record my music and make my own CDs and share my music on the internet";
heck, you might be thinking "I could record my own accompaniment tracks and save on rehearsal time and expense";
or what about this "I just love those vintage sounding keyboards but I can't find any that work reliably or any at all";
what if you're thinking "I'd like to learn to play and a good computer program might help me excel at my own pace";
good to consider "I'll play it for while, but it's just for me to enjoy";
what if the teacher says "My kids needs a piano with a full keyboard, pedals, and ... what are weighted keys?"
and let's not leave out "I need a digital that feels as much like a grand as possible and carries tone qualities as close to a grand piano as possible".

I gotcha.  You need a Kawai Digital Piano.  If you ask me, I'd say, either way, you should buy a Kawai piano.  The Kawai family and factory family make one product: Pianos.  Acoustic and Digital and now Hybrid pianos will impress your senses as well as your budget.
There's nothing like owning an amazing, grandiose, well, grand piano.  Some even buy one of each.  They are just two different tools.  So you tell me what you want.  You might want one of each!

More next time on hybrid pianos and the parent who says, "My kid is just getting into this, and I don't want to spend a lot until I know they're serious."

Meanwhile, visit kawaius.com to be amazed.

jimspianos.com
850-205-5467
Tallahassee, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment